Prep and Preamble Part 2: The Plan (or lack thereof)

So where to go? This is the question. I had a few considerations. How far can I actually ride in a day? I've never done more than 150km. And without a touring seat my arse is gonna hurt something awful about halfway through that. No saddlebags, so my backpack might start annoying me as well. Finding suitable spaces to stay in between long stretches of villages and plantations might also be challenging. Not to mention I had a 12l fuel tank that could do more than 150km; exactly how much more I don't know. But I didn't want to spend any amount of time pushing a 250kg bike along a country road.

First leg of the journey is to Desaru, where we'll have a family weekend together. Two days later, the family would head home, and I would head off. Maybe 1 night in Endau, next night in Cherating and then across to the west coast. Or first night in Tasik Chini, which would make this leg too long and the next one (to Cherating) too short.

I explored all options and directions, and in the short time I had left, came up with absolutely zilch.

So I thought, fuck it. This is supposed to be an adventure. I'll just "get on my bike and ride!" (Queen, Fat Bottomed Girls).

So no plan. No routes, no hotel bookings, no destinations. No pressure, no need to be anywhere at anytime. I will be where I am when I get there. To paraphrase Bon Jovi, "I don't know where I'm going, only Google knows where I've been"

Let's rock n' roll.

Comments